Sunday, June 17, 2007

And the Gold Medal Goes To ...

Cockbot One!! Wohoo ...
Congratulations to Chris Veigl the creator and special thanks to Chris Thomas Palmer for fixing a major electric mishap yesterday, so I could actually present a working Cockbot One to the judges.
I felt totally entitled to walking around with the medal around my neck too, as I spent many hours in the last days fixing minor injuries Cockbot had taken while stored at SFSU ...
I also guess we were lucky that Bravo only showed on Friday and not all the judges saw it (correction: all the judges saw Bravo, according to the organizers Cockbot decided the contest with 10 points for aesthetics from all judges) ... and maybe also that the External Combustion Engine didn't show up at all!
So in fact Bravo got silver and Simone's El Borracho bronze, also having suffered entropy since ROBOEXOTICA 2006.

No comments: